Blog post featured on ‘The Impact Story’
Despite a reputation of being the commercial sector’s professional networking site and other social networks targeted directly at the academy, there continues to be advice on-line that academics should make the most of having a profile on LinkedIn.
The Impact Story blog, which is targeted at early career scientific academics, has a blog post outlining the key things an academic should do on LinkedIn:
- Get connected to your existing web of co-workers and advisors
- Request introductions to new contacts
- “Cold call” people you want to get to know
- Boost your discoverability with the help of your network
- Land at least one recommendation
- Let others know you’re here and ready to dance
- Boost the signals and cut the noise from LinkedIn notifications
Click here to link to the full article.