First hand experiences of preparing for academic interviews.
Here are two articles on academic and research job interview techniques. The first is from Amer Zeidan, MBBS, MHS Assistant Professor of Medicine at Yale Cancer Center. He shares his own recent experience of a successful appointment in his clinical research faculty position. His observations are relevant to all science research appointments.
His key points are:
- Be prepared to commit a significant amount of time to the interview process.
- Try not to commit to too many interviews with different institutions
- Prepare to adapt to a variety of types of interviews
- Know your CV by heart
- Do your homework – research those interviewing you and the focus of the research at the institution
- Go with the flow
- Be courteous and respectful
- Don’t be late
Click here to read the full article.